Is coffee good for your health? Many have asked me that question because the doctors have told them, but there is a lot of controversy because some say YES, and others say NO. But what will it be? let’s explain that and solve this question once and for all.
What does coffee contain?
Let’s start from the nutritional table of coffee to see what it actually contains, and see what things can be harmful to your health, now analyze this let’s start that is natural coffee, roasted and ground, not instant coffee, I mean real coffee. With this nutrition facts we realize that a cup of coffee only has some vitamins, proteins, and caffeine.
What is caffeine and how much caffeine does my coffee have?
According to Wikipedia, caffeine is: “Caffeine was discovered in 1819 by the German chemist Friedlieb Ferdinand Runge: it was he who coined the term Kaffein, a chemical compound present in coffee, a term that would later pass into Spanish as caffeine. Caffeine also receives other names (guaranine, theine, mateine) relative to the plants from which it can be extracted and because it contains other substances that appear in those cases. If you want to know more about caffeine click HERE.
In the following that table we will see how much caffeine there is in your beloved cup of coffee, and if you drink from 1 to 4 cups a day you are fine all the abuse is harmful to our health we have to be in balance.
Look at these statistics: Caffeine is the most widely consumed psychoactive substance in the world. In North America, 90% of adults consume caffeine every day. [Citation needed] In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration refers to caffeine as a “food substance Generally Recognized as Safe (Generally Recognized As Safe) used for multiple purposes.
But like anything if you abuse it then the problems begin so you have to treat it with respect and be moderate. Check this image out:
Pros VS cons of the cafe
Let’s see the Cons that this delicious drink has because it is one of the most consumed beverage worldwide:
- elevates blood pressure
- stomach problems like gastritis
- causes insomnia
Now all these cons are associated with coffee but when you consume more than 4 cups a day or if you drink instant coffee, you could have these side effect.
Now let’s see the Pros:
- it wakes you up
- it gives you energy
- reduces the risk of suffering from some types of cancers
- reduces the chances of suffering from Parkinson’s disease
- It is good for asthma and allergies
- reduces the risk of developing diabetes
- decreases the risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s
- reduces migraines and headaches
- provides antioxidants
If you want to know more about these benefits and others, click HERE.
But from what we see here there are more pros that make it clear that drinking coffee is very good for your health without abusing it, of course.
What Type of coffee to drink?
There are several types of coffee that have been discovered throughout history and are not as healthy as they should be. Let’s split this into 4 groups to better understanding:
1. Instantaneous coffee: I will not bore you with the history you can see it in HERE, but it is not good for your health because they use the discarded coffee and the pulp because contains more caffeine, also carries a chemical process and now they add more chemicals to it, thats why is very bad for your health. In these days it has become famous because all the corporation marketing plan, but believe me I do not recommend it.
2. Bad quality coffees: There is another group of coffees that are the cheapest because their quality is not the best and they are using it to prepare coffee blends, I do not recommend it either, because of it poor quality also affect your health greatly.
3. Poor preparation: On the other hand if you throw away the previous types of coffee and buy a good quality coffee and freshly roasted, but do not know how to do it properly can also cause problems in your health. If you have a percolator there is no way you can do it wrong, there is only one thing you have to be careful and is the time you leave it, as well? well a curious fact the coffee is oxidized at 20 minutes of doing it so if you take it after that it can affect your health, or if you reuse it or if you reuse the previous coffee waste that is no longer serves, or if you leave your cup of coffee for a long time and you reheat it you can also have health problems, I hope you never have that happened …
4. High quality coffee: Last but the most important is to buy Great Quality Coffee, and get it where you are sure they sell it:
If you buy your coffee roasted, you should check for these:
- It must have a dark brown color but not black or bright and must be homogeneous
- It must have a good smell
- The roasted coffee beans should have a homogeneous size, and without foreign bodies, or broken coffee beans.
- Preferably have it roasted at the moment and there you can perceive the fresh smell.
Beware, this is the best way to buy your roasted and whole grain coffee, because when you buy it ground you do not know what you are buying, nor what they have put in there.
Coffee can be bad or good at the same time everything is on you and the use you give, as explained above the benefits are great from this delicious beverage brings to your health than the bad. Just follow these tips so you do not have any health problems, and you can enjoy every cup of coffee, our body is wise and if you take good care of it, he will respond in the best way. So I hope that you clear all your doubts about this, and can enjoy your coffee without any problem.
If you liked this post leave us a comment or if you need more information about a topic we will gladly expand it.