A lot of people are drinking instant coffee, 7% of North American, 75% of England and 70% Salvadorans drink it too, and for a producer country is a shame. But why people drink instant coffee? I think the marketing of instant coffee industry is giving us wrong ideas or the coffee habits are not right for most of the people!
Instant coffee good or not?
When do people ask me if instant coffee is good or not? I try to explain why is not good for me, and I will give you my reasons but first You need to know what an instant coffee is?.
Growths of instant coffee
In the midst 50,´s was a new thing, a new technology and kind of a mystery about the instant coffee process, how you put some brown powder into a hot water and puff! You have a cup of coffee, it was something new, it was faster to do it this way is what they say and you can take it everywhere.
At this was something different but now the society change again and now we are looking for natural and organic ways to eat our food and beverages, in this case, to taste our coffee.
But why drink instant coffee?
I simply don’t understand how people can drink instant coffee, the process involves chemicals and they use the hulk and the inferior’s coffees because they have the most caffeine into it.
So when you drink it you can have stomachs problems and can increase the risk of gastritis, colitis, and more. My grandpa just to drink 4 to 5 coffee cups during the day, real coffee, and he never had gastritis, and no health problem for the real coffee he drank and he died at 92 years old. Please drink real coffee, instant coffee is not good for you.
Reasons to drink instant coffee
I understand, why some people drink instant coffee but let me tell you, this is the instant coffee industry marketing working in your mind and I will prove it that’s this reasons are not the truth, the problem is a lot of people don’t know how to brew coffee the easiest and fastest way, people just need the real information to show you the truth, let’s begin:
- It’s easy and fast to prepare, You just mix some coffee powder with hot water and that’s it.
- ¡You don’t know how to prepare a good coffee! Anyone can pour some hot water and instant coffee and mix and there you go, you don’t need more equipment.
- You don’t know what to do with the coffee waste. You just need to throw it into a garbage or better yet you use it as organic fertilizer, it is really good.
Are we clear these reasons are the most important to drink instant coffee, Are you agree? If you have more please let me know. But now I will give you the reasons not to drink it.
Now I will give you my reasons not to drink instant coffee ever, better use fresh ground coffee, here we go:
- ¡Limited texture! You are just tricking yourself and is not good for your health. Real coffee is totally different.
- Roasted ground coffee is cheaper, of course, if you think you can get good quality roasted coffee in the coffee shop chains, or shopping malls, it is really expensive. But you can prepare a quality fresh cup of coffee, you will pay less than instant coffee, and the taste is 10 times better.
- The reality of how long it takes to prepare a cup of coffee. There are several brewing methods, first if you want to prepare the old fashion way put water until reach a boiling point, for a cup of water will take 2 minutes and after it reaches the boiling point turn off heat and pour a tablespoon of coffee mix it that’s it, less than 3 minutes, AeroPress takes from 60 to 90 seconds, for an espresso with an espresso machine take around 25 seconds average. Is fast enough for you?
- There is not a mystic ritual of preparing coffee, the best coffee cup is the way you like it, you decide how, not a barista, not a roaster, not a coffee producer, just you, it is really subjective matter. So if you love coffee you enjoy every step of the process, since put water to a boiling point, and open your fresh coffee beans, ground it and smell all the coffee fragrance, and mix it with water until you enjoy every sip you take is priceless! Can you imagine it, that’s is the perfect extraction. Instant coffee is just a fast sip and a punch of caffeine! Not good.
I know that for a lot of people instant coffee is a part of their life, but I hope at least convince a few to change to real coffee and start enjoying it. It’s better for your health and well-being. And it is really fast and easy to make it and you can do it everywhere. You just need less than 3 minutes every day to really enjoy a real coffee. In other time I will explain to you the brewing methods around the world.
All I share with you here is the basics and as an example of how you can improve a quality, roasted, ground, fresh cup of coffee from your home or your office, and take down instant coffee is faster and easy than real coffee as I point it here making a good coffee take you less than 3 minutes and is cheaper than instant coffee so take that paradigm out of your mind.
I hope this information is been helpful for you and if you want to leave any comments please do we just love your feedback.