- Overall Rank 95 out of 100 points
- 100% KA’U medium roast coffee
- $ 19.95 per 7 oz bag
It is grown and roast by Hawaii Coffee Company, one of the largest roasting companies in Hawaii. It has been in coffee business for a long time now. They have a several brands but now we are going to be focus in Ka’u coffee.
Ka’u coffee beans are quickly becoming recognized around the globe for their intense flavor, ideal growing climate and rich coffee heritage on Hawaii Island. Grown next door to the Kona Coffee belt, Ka’u Coffee has been dubbed the “cousin of Kona.”
Royal Hawaiian 100% Ka’u has a smooth delicate flavor with low acidity that’s approved and endorsed by world-renowned Chef Alan Wong. Discover why this coffee has won so many awards and generated so much interest in the past few years!
What is a medium roast?
Medium roast coffees have a well-balanced flavor, aroma and acidity. Neither too soft nor too strong, they’re perfect for the in-between tastes. Medium Roast is the most popular roast and is often called American Roast, Regular Roast or City Roast. With a bit more caffeine than a dark roast, it’s a perfect afternoon coffee.
With this roast type you can taste and feel all the coffee attributes and aromas. For me the darkest roast take a lot of the real flavor from your coffee. It has the perfect balance to enjoy it.
But who is Alan Wong
He is a chef and restaurateur known as one of 12 co-founders (along with Sam Choy, Roy Yamaguchi, Peter Merriman, Bev Gannon and more) of Hawaii Regional Cuisine. They came together to form an organization to create a new American regional cuisine, highlighting Hawaii’s locally grown ingredients and diverse ethnic styles. In 1992, they all came together and compiled a cookbook, The New Cuisine of Hawaii to be sold for charity. Wong and Choy are alumni of the Kapiolani Community College Culinary Arts program. Wong has several restaurants in Hawaii, as well as one in Japan. (from Wikipedia). He is an expert chef for a long time, and He knows about food and coffee. If he drinks you need at least to try it, you won’t regret.
Now lets talk about Ka’u Coffee.
Kona coffee is the market name for coffee (Coffea arabica) cultivated on the slopes of Hualalai and Mauna Loa in the North and South Kona Districts of the Big Island of Hawaii. It is one of the most expensive coffees in the world. Only coffee from the Kona Districts can be described as “Kona”. The weather of sunny mornings, cloud or rain in the afternoon, little wind, and mild nights combined with porous, mineral-rich volcanic soil create favorable coffee growing conditions. Kau coffee is grown really close but not in the kona district, but it has all the benefits from the weather, rain and micro climate from the region. The volcanic soil is rich in nutrients and give to these coffees region a distinct taste, aroma and flavors.
What People says
- We were drinking the kona coffee and tried this to see if we liked it. This coffee is a bit lighter and I just love the flavor. Just reordered more! by Jane.
- It was so good, I skipped desert to drink more of it, and as soon as I got home I placed an order for more on line by Eddie.
- One of the smoothest coffees I have ever tasted. I love to drink it on the weekend! by Ryan.
Pros VS Cons
For those coffee lovers that really enjoy a great cup of coffee, but not just coffee but a coffee full with passion, love and tradition, well this coffee it is right for you.
- It is gourmet coffee
- Grow and roast by the same company that love an has a passion for their coffee
- Company Tradition has a long time working with coffee in Hawai
- Award Winning coffee
- Recognized by a great chef Alan Wong and use it himself in his restaurants
- You can have it ground or whole bean
- You have to order it online a wait to enjoy it
They have a return policy for an unopened product they refund money and they pay for shipping in this case
They ship anywhere in the world, this is very good and you need to check the shipping policy.
They have this great subscription program and you can have a great benefits that you can get, these are the benefits:
- Lock in your pricing. You will enjoy the pricing you select for the duration of your subscription, regardless of future price increases. This is really great.
- Discounted rate on your coffee. The subscription prices are about 10% less than the regular single-order rate for our coffees or teas.
- Automatically get your coffee when you need it. Ensure you receive your coffee regularly, just in time and just when you need it by selecting the right frequency for you.
- Cancel at any time. If you find the program isn’t working for you, you can cancel by logging into your account and selecting to cancel button on the item(s) you wish to stop receiving.
The program work great.
I have been growing coffee from more than 25 years, and I can assure you this product is great, the coffee is superb, you won’t regret trying it out. I recommend it totally and you can take advantage from the subscription program and have a really great price for it. The testimonials in this product are wonderful, you can check them HERE. You should try it…
For the price you’re paying you will get a really great product is a premium coffee. Enjoy it.
If you have any question or want to share your experience please leave a comment.